In line with Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“DPL”) we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information collected by us or provided by you.
Information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- personal data from which an individual can be identified;
- information about your visits to and use of this website. This may include, but not limited to IP address,
geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website,
in store or by any other means including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email
notifications and/or newsletters;
- information you provide by telephone, visiting our store or attending our events;
- details of correspondence/communication;
- CCTV recordings within our store for your and our safety and security;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Please see ‘Your rights’ section if you wish to amend how we use your personal information.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you an email or telephone notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you an email or telephone notification relating to any online orders;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Please see ‘Disclosure’ section for further details. Additional notes on the use of your personal data.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you fail to provide data that is required by law or by contract, we may not be able to complete the contract we have or are trying to enter with you. For example, we may cancel an order placed to buy goods.
Please be aware that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required by law.
In any instance where you have provided us with personal information relating to other individuals it is your responsibility to inform them and to provide them with the relevant information on how their data may be used by us.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the
purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Further instances when we may be required to provide your information to third parties:
- that provide support services or assist in order fulfillment. We do not permit any third party service
provider to use your personal data other than for the specified purpose and in accordance with our
- in the event of selling or acquisition of any relevant business or assets.
Our website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, store or disclose personal data relating to children.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, and other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
By submitting such data, you expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We limit access to your data to employees or third parties who have a business need to know. For example, a member of staff using your phone number to call you informing you that works have been completed on an item of jewellery or a watch manufacturer sending a replacement component directly to you.
Please note that data transmission over the internet is not completely secure. Whilst we will always do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Any data transmission to our site is at your own risk.
Should we suspect any instances of personal data breach we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of compliance with any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Whilst we retain transaction details for as long as legally required, we may retain basic details for a longer period to ensure we can offer you a level of tailored customer service for you in the future.
In some circumstances you may wish us to securely delete your data. Please see ‘Your rights’ section.
In certain circumstances, under data protection laws, you have rights in relation to your personal data as detailed below:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such
information may be subject to the payment of a fee
- You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In
practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing
purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for
- You may wish for us to update or correct any information we hold about you.
- You can request removal of your personal data that we hold about you where there is no good reason
for us to continue holding it, where we may have processed your data unlawfully or where we are
required to by law. Please note that we may not be able to process your removal request due to legal
requirements. This will be communicated to you, if applicable.
- You can request that we hold your data, even if we no longer require it, to establish, exercise or defend
legal claims. Please note this will only be considered if we remain legally compliant by holding your data.
- You can withdraw consent where we rely on consent to process your information. Please note that this will not affect any lawful processing before you withdraw consent. If consent is withdrawn, we may not be able to complete any contract we have or are entering into with you.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or
practices of third-party websites, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability of these websites.